Sunday 5 July 2009

Busy, Busy, Bruised, & Play




That Was One Hell-Of-A Week.

Mon/Tues. How much cycling? I went back and forth to seamstress (Wittering) and sailmakers (Bosham) so many times that I lost count. My legs were in bits. I also, very stupidly thought, I would be able to manage to get a reel of industrial chain (14kg) home on my bike. Only just. And that was with rucksack strapped to the saddle.

Wed.
Final touches. Gathering equipment. Flowers, drinks, food for the crew. I saved just enough energy for a late yoga class. And afterwards, had a collision with a car. I went into his rear as he stopped in the road to check out a road name that I was intending to turn right into. I unceremoniously went over my handlebars and ended in a heap, bloodied and bruised. Car following was sympathetic and offered assistance and phone number(?). Home. Iced injuries for two hours and prayed I'd make it up the stairs and would still be walking for shoot the following day.

Thurs.
Ouch! So sore. The morning was as to be expected. I forgot the smallest, yet most vital element, 2x meat-hooks. But at least I wasn't in theatre while cameraman and lighting were setting up. Filmed from 10.30 til 12.45. Home. Lunch/debrief with cameraman. Beach!

Fri.
Out and busy. Home and tidied away abandoned equipment. And then first look at footage. Not what I anticipated seeing. Went straight to yoga...with my bruises. Evening, I eventually started timecodes for Monday transfer.

Sat.
Was awoken by a call. Friend was given a single ticket for Festival of Speed. Did I want it? YES PLEASE!! Did some chores and set off at lunchtime on my bike. I can't tell you how amazing this event is, even for a single girl wandering around. So much to see in the most splendid of locations. I made some friends for the afternoon, (see pics) who invited me to stay on for the party (Will Young & fireworks!) in the evening. I had a lovely time. Really lovely. Borrowed "his" pj's for chilly cycle home at 2am.

Sun.
Up and baking. Cycled back to Festival with cake, pj's and a smile. I was invited to stay for the day, but my conscience got the better of me and I headed off for little x-country ride home and work. All timecodes completed.

I often I think I am bored. I should take a step back from time to time and realise how very full-up my time is and how utterly rewarding life can be. I am truly grateful to everyone who made this week happen for me. (Debbie Dawson, Ivan Bole, Phil King, Jamie Kluckers, Vince Fields, Lynn Hodge, Jess Bennett, Micheal Noor, Charlie Russell, Bradley? & JK) You are all stars!!

I send a smile to all...

Miss Tip



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...