Saturday 18 July 2009

The Suffering Is Over


It is done! Finally.

"Suffer 4Ur Art" has been made and submitted. What a relief.

I had problems galore with elements, namely the captured footage was nowhere near what I had specified in storyboard/discussion with cameraman. This coupled with learning Final Cut in such a short time meant that I didn't surface very often. As for eating, time in the kitchen was not an option.

The outcome of the past two weeks has been quite different to how I envisaged, not just in terms of those mentioned above but more so with my own transition. "Suffer 4Ur Art" was an emotional response to something tragic that happened in my life. However, it manifested as physical piece leaving the viewer with a completely altered and disparate notion of what the essence/foundation is.

As a consequence, I have been advised not to show this work as it will present a view of me that is contrary to who and what I am.

Am I disappointed? Not really. I have let go of much and learned much in this process. The one element I was a little frustrated with is my skill as a maker of short-film has dramatically improved and is not immediately available for public perusal. I shall have to be patient and create another work in order to demonstrate just how much I have evolved.

As of this moment, I return to an altered normality. Life is often lighter when one chooses closure of a hard or challenging aspect. I anticipate good things...

Fondest regards, as always,

Miss Tip.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Miss Tip,

    I do hope I will get the opportunity to see "Suffer 4Ur Art".

    As you well know I am not an educated lover of art and do not necessarily understand the complexity of art and the inspiration behind the pieces that are created but I do know what I like which I suppose is half the battle!! More importantly I have a great deal of interest in what you do as a friend should!!

    I am amazed how life's trials and triumphs can subconsciously be manifested in our creations. Over time I have created rhythms and melodies (I'll refrain from calling it songwriting!!) whilst in states of happiness or despair and sadness. I find it intriguing in moments of reflection, when revisiting certain pieces, how our emotions and experiences can become so delicately intertwined through art or music or whatever our creative vessel may be.

    I do have these rare intellectual moments!!

    Anyway, I'm glad that you have completed your piece and are returning to, as you call it, "an altered normality"!!

    Much love as always,

    Your friend,

    Tee.x

    P.S. Take care out there!! Each duel between cycle and automobile leaves me quite nervous with a slight twitch!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment...