Wednesday 29 July 2009

Rain Stops Play!

Where Has The Sunshine Gone?

I have come to the conclusion that I am seasonally affected...right now! This isn't supposed to happen April-October.

Isn't it meant to be brilliant sunshine and hose-pipe bans, dogs dying in cars and young mothers being frowned at if their rapscallion of a toddler has the faintest hint of pink anywhere, teething or not?!

There is no packing lightly or taking just a light outer garment. No, it's socks and wellies and layers and umbrellas. How? Why? I really would like to know the answer to these Q's...

I believed those fonts-of all-knowledge weathermen (not so much weather-girls strangely enough) and their promises of long, hot, sweltering day and balmy warm evenings. Are you for real, guys? Who paid you how much to conjure up this convincing rouse between you? I, for one, demand a refund!!!

What else? There is nothing else! I am beyond caring. It upsets me so. I shall return when a glimmer of sunshine touches my cheeks and ignites my freckles into summer-ness again.

Having said that, I will return at some point...just in case it doesn't get gorgeously, sublimely, deliciously hot and sunny anytime soon.

Send you wishes for SPF30+

Fondest, as always

MissTip


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment...